Waxing & Sugaring
At Panache Salon & Day Spa we have two types of waxes or sugaring, depending on what is being waxed and what the skin and hair is like.
|Pricing for wax/sugar:|
|lip/chin $8+||back/chest $44+|
|brows $14||bikini/ brazilian $35/$50+|
|underarms $20+||half/full leg $35/$55+|
We use a soft wax that requires strips the remove the wax. Typically used on large areas like the legs.
Hard wax that makes its own strip and does not stick to the skin which makes it less irritating and can be used on the face, underarms and bikini area.
Sugaring is all natural without added chemicals or harsh additives and is room temperature so will never burn the skin. It is also great for those extremely sensitive areas. Most people feel sugaring is the least painful.
Sugaring and waxing are both effective hair removal techniques and our staff are highly trained in both methods. Because sugaring can be performed with less than two weeks of growth, the hair is consistently (if performed regularly) removed while in the Antigen stage of hair growth. Removing the hair in the Antigen stage detaches it from its “food source” (dermal papilla). Over time, this causes the follicle wall to collapse and can make the follicle unable to grow a new hair. The more you sugar, the less and less the hair will come back and the finer it will be.
Does it hurt? Depending on the person and the area being worked on, the first couple times are the worse and actually becomes easier over time. It’s like a Band-Aid!
Virtually any part of the body can be waxed or sugared.
• chin/upper lip/face
• leg waxing
• bikini/Brazilians(female only)
All clients deserve to be offered their hair removal services in a safe and sanitary environment, we follow sanitary precautions for all hair removal. We use clean sheets, towels, gloves, waxing sticks, tweezers, scissors, waxing strips, etc. for each client.
We cannot wax or sugar if the client is on Accutane, Retin-A or Antibiotics
- Hair must be ¼ in. growth (or 4-6 weeks) for waxing
- Hair must be 1/16 in. growth (or 1 ½ – 2 weeks) for sugaring
- Exfoliation prior to any waxing or sugaring appointment is key for the best results
Are there times I can’t get a wax and why?
Sometimes there are cases when your skin can’t be waxed and this could be due to your skin being too sensitive, having a skin condition or a medical reason.
- Bruises/cuts abrasions – it is best if you wait till these heal, as hair removal can reopen wounds and make bruises worse.
- Scar tissue / operations – It’s advised that you wait 6 months till getting waxed/sugared as it can interfere with the healing process.
- Eczema / Psoriasis/ Dermatitis / – Waxing can cause these skin conditions to bleed, weep and make your skin even more sensitive.
- Bacterial / Fungal / Viral infections – Many of these are contagious and you should wait until they have fully cleared up.
- Sunburn – skin would be too painful to apply hot wax over and you should wait between 24 hours to 48 hours for waxing.
- Medication / Diabetes / Varicose veins – all of these require a physician’s guidance prior to having a waxing treatment.
Appointments are recommended but not always necessary.